How to be successful on Airbnb
Airbnb provides a unique experience for both hosts and guests – the platform provides flexibility, reliability and makes finding accommodation hassle-free. With the recent surge in Airbnb’s popularity, the website has naturally become more competitive as hosts offer luxury facilities for affordable prices.
In our guide, we discuss how you can make Airbnb more than just an extra source of income, but also a successful business.
What is a Superhost on Airbnb?
Top performing hosts on Airbnb are referred to as Superhosts – guests are made aware of a Superhosts listing with a badge icon. Being a superhost not only shows the customer that your Airbnb is of high-quality standard, but it can also be a reassuring factor for many customers as it shows that you are a well-experienced host that others trust.
5 Tips to become a Superhost on Airbnb
- Quality photos – one of the first things that customers notice about your property is your photos. This is the time to grab people’s initial attention – so having plenty of good photographs can really boost your response rate. If you don’t have enough pictures of your Airbnb, or pictures that are low quality, clearly hiding areas of the property, or aren’t reflective of the property details, this could make potential customers trust you less. To ensure you are providing good photos for your listing, it might be worth having the pictures taken professionally to stand out from other hosts. The value of response rate should be soon evened-out from the cost of a professional photographer.
- Price – much of Airbnb’s success is down to the fact that the service provides a cost-effective alternative to hotels. Overcharging on your facilities will minimise the likelihood of getting booked, so ensure your prices are fair and reflective of competitors in your area.
- Response time – securing guests often takes more than simply posting your listing – quite often, you will need to be on hand to respond to customer queries and answer questions about your property. Someone may be interested in hiring out your property but have queries around parking or WiFi – so having a quick response time helps you stand out from the crowd.
- Cleaning service – if you are hosting a short-term rental, hiring cleaners is the best way to ensure you maintain high-quality luxury of your property. This way, you can rest assured that your property is always hygienic and kept in good condition.
- Attention to detail – sometimes, it’s the small things that really make our day. By equipping your Airbnb with small accents such as condiments for the kitchen, or a welcome hamper, this is likely to lead customers to leave good reviews, which will help your status on Airbnb.
Airbnb regulations on how to become an Airbnb superhost
As well as the above, which will likely make you a successful Airbnb host, Airbnb themselves have a list of criteria which determines your eligibility to become a Superhost. Every three months, Airbnb will assess their platform users’ performance to determine if you meet the requirements to become a superhost. There is no need to apply! The conditions are as follows:
- Maintaining a 90% response rate or higher.
- Only having a 1% cancellation rate – meaning you have only had 1 cancellation per 100 bookings. Exceptions are made for their Extenuating Circumstances Policy.
- Keeping a 4.8 rating for a whole year – this is based on the date the guest left a review, not the date they checked out.
- Completed at least 10 trips or 3 reservations that total at least 100 nights.
How can Seven Living help you become a Superhost?
Interested in hosting your property on Airbnb but worried you may not have the time to manage it? That’s where we can help.
Here at Seven Living, we can make your Airbnb hosting experience hassle-free. Our property management services take care of all the admin for you – all you have to do is reap the rewards of your Airbnb income without any added stress. We deal with all enquiries, save you time and manage all your short-term rental properties from application to completion. We help with aspects such as 24-hour check-in and providing a 100% turn-key experience. Our services also offer hotel-level cleaning and changeover between guests, whilst taking care of the whole maintenance for your property.
If you are interested in our Airbnb management services, enquire online to find out more. Our helpful team are always here to help you with any Airbnb hosting queries you may have.